That's right The Great British Bake Off is back (Wednesday, 06 August 2014, 8pm) on the BBC and the baking buzz has started all over again. Who knew that something so simple could cause such a stir in Britain!
For those of you who have been living under a rock for years and don't have a clue what the GBBO is (or you just aren't from Britain...), here's a quick brief and an intro to this years contestants!
- We begin with 12 contestants, all amateur bakers from different backgrounds, but all very much love to bake.
- Every week you will see the contestants bake, various recipes from pretzels to profiteroles, come rain or shine in a very large domesticated tent in the middle of a field. Very British if you ask me.
- You will meet the sweet Mary Berry (she really is lovely), and the infamous Paul Hollywood (love him or hate him, he really is marmite), who both judge the contestants creations and decide who has to leave the competition each week.
- You will also meet the presenters, the charismatic duo, Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroy, both as delightful and entertaining as the other!
- There are some educational aspects where GBBO will show you where certain baked good originated from, as well as seeing Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood bake their own recipes, just to show everyone how easy it should be.
- You will see baking disasters and chaos, as well of beautiful masterpieces that will make you drool.
- And of course, you will be addicted. They should have a disclaimer before every episode, "WARNING: The following episode will be highly addictive and you will be watching it religiously every week from now on."
And now, for the 12 contestants... CLICK HERE to read all about the contestants.